Beta Theta Pi - Miami University

Fall 2017 Newsletter

Alpha Chapter of Beta Theta Pi at Miami University

Issue link:

Contents of this Issue


Page 0 of 5

Alpha Slants of BETA THETA PI A L U M N I N E W S L E T T E R F A L L 2 0 1 7 ALPHA CHAPTER NEEDS YOU! More Alumni Participation Needed to Achieve $4 Million Fundraising Goal I n late October, 32 alumni returned to Oxford for Alpha Chapter Alumni Weekend. It was a great time for reconnecting and renewing our ties to not only our brothers, but Beta itself (see photos on page 5). For many, a highlight of the weekend was touring the Alpha Chapter house project site. Much work has taken place since we broke ground in August. Interior demolition was completed on September 18 and digging for the new addition began in late September with the objective of having the addition under a roof by mid-December. In the coming months, we plan to focus on the foundation of the new addition and vestibule connection of 200 and 208 East High St. and are still planning for an August 2018 move-in. Rare butternut wood from the old fireplace was preserved through the September demolition and will be repurposed into study tables. Additionally, the original 200 East High St. staircase is protected and will be preserved for its significance and historical relevance. Although the construction progress of our Beta home is exciting, there is still work to be done. In order to afford the renovation and successfully position Alpha Chapter for the future, we need your help. To date, we have raised $2,982,863 toward our $4 million fundraising goal. More than 200 alumni reflected on their days at Miami and made the decision to invest in the chapter that provided them lifelong friendships and ongoing connections to the University. From a distance, it is hard to imagine the intricate planning, hard work, and personal sacrifice alumni leadership and the campaign board have made to implement this project—but they did it and we are now in the process of seeing the revitalization of our chapter house. It will take $1,017,137 to reach our project goal of $4 million. While that's a lot of money, it is encouraging to know that we have already raised nearly $3 million from 218 alumni (about 11% of our base). We know that we will reach our goals; we just need the remaining 89% (or 1,437 brothers) to step up. Please consider pledging at least $2,500 (over five years) to be recognized in our campaign publications. For those who contribute a gift of $5,000 or more (over five years), your name will be engraved on our permanent donor plaque so future generations will know that you were part of the group of men who helped fortify Alpha Chapter's excellence. Enclosed is a pledge card and return envelope. Please don't put it aside or throw it away—fill it out now and send it in today! Yours in ___kai___, Campaign Chairmen Jeff Newton '77, #1609 Tom Pierce '77, #1610 See page 3 for renovation photos. Mitch Rales '78 has pledged to match 20% of every gift up to a $200,000 match! Don't forget to take advantage of this opportunity today!

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

view archives of Beta Theta Pi - Miami University - Fall 2017 Newsletter